I was tagged by the lovely Flor of Lipstick & Stockings to answer a few questions about beauty and procrastination!
1. Name a beauty regime that you rarely do.
Hmmm. Base coat. I NEVER do base coat. I just hit my nails with straight up color and finish with a fast drying top coat. I love pretty nails, but I’m too impatient (or lazy/efficient!) for all of that!
2. Is washing your make-up brushes something you do regularly?
Kind of. I try to wash at least 3 brushes a week so I don’t have to do everything at once. Because everything at once is too tiring, and my hands become all wrinkly, and my body starts to ache in front of the sink while I’m scrub scrub scrubbing away, and it’s just too much! It’s a real struggle I tell ya!
3. How long will you last with chipped nail polish?
A few minor chips? Maybe 4 or 5 days. If it’s really bad then I HAVE to remove it immediately. It’s an eyesore that I can’t look at.
4. How long do you put off buying/replacing a beauty or nail polish product, even if you need it? (ex: purchasing a new top coat or foundation).
If it’s reason to buy something then I’m all about it!
5. What is your worst beauty habit?
I go with Flor here and say picking at my face until I’m satisfied… yes, let’s not judge each other on that! I feel like we all can relate here!
6. Name something non-beauty related that you put off all the time.
Putting back folded laundry.
7. When going out somewhere, do you leave getting ready to the last minute?
Getting ready is the first thing I do. I find it fun to do most of the time, especially if I’m going somewhere exciting. Music helps too.
8. Can you commit to a spending ban?
Makeup related items, I can probably go about 3 weeks. Or maybe even a month! I have a small-ish collection. I oftentimes feel guilty when some products don’t see the light of day! However, if I run out of a product that I need then I’ll usually purchase right away.
9. How organized is your make-up and nail polish collection?
It’s small and organized, but not the way I’d like it to be. I would definitely like to have the small Alex drawer unit one day.
10. What is the longest amount of time you have gone without writing a blog post?
I think it was something like 6 or 7 months. My computer was stolen a while back and I had no means of getting on my blog. Plus I had a new job and my time was eaten up by work.